OUR ACCELERATOR PROGRAMME
The Accelerator is a cross-sector training programme that gives emerging entrepreneurs access to inspiring peers, generous mentors, a global network, and value-aligned investors and donors, both local and global. We look for early stage ventures (business, non-profit and social enterprise) that demonstrate the potential to develop scalable solutions to some of Africa’s most pressing concerns.
We select about 12 ventures per programme and spend time with these entrepreneurs at our three annual events. During these contact sessions, we provide a platform for round-table discussions and extensive one-on-one mentor sessions, culminating in a public pitch event to potential investors and donors. This all plays out in the context of deep relationships within a faith-motivated community – where we focus on both the personal and spiritual development of our fellows.
FRANSCHHOEK, SOUTH AFRICA
13-17 MAY 2019
At this first gathering, the fellows spend time with a group of our mentors to engage around foundational issues of building and scaling redemptive ventures. This is a time of deep reflection, critical thinking and discussion on what makes a venture uniquely Christian. Fellows leave this event with a list of priorities on which to focus during the following months and plans for regular follow-ups with our team.
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA
12-15 AUGUST 2019
Fellows return for the second gathering where they connect with a new group of mentors who help them to dive deeper into an intensive theological understanding, as well as sound practical advice, on building great ventures. We reflect and share on the progress of each fellow’s venture and identify priority areas that need attention before the final event.
STELLENBOSCH, SOUTH AFRICA
10-12 OCTOBER 2019
The programme culminates with our public pitch event, where fellows get together for the last time, to present their ventures at our annual Triga Conference. Fellows share their visions for building ventures that will make a social impact in Africa, and are also afforded the opportunity to engage with potential partners. Many of our mentors join us for this event as they celebrate the progress made by the fellows during the preceding six month period. Once the programme concludes, fellows join our alumni community, which gives them continued access to our network and input.
Applications will close on Wednesday, 6 February 2019. Sign up below to receive updates on the Accelerator programme and other Triga news.
- Personal access to our Triga mentors, successful entrepreneurs and leaders who integrate their faith with their work
- Relational mentoring on the critical components of building world-class ventures
- A lifetime network of Triga alumni and peers from diverse industries
- An opportunity to present to a group of select, values-aligned investors and philanthropists at the Triga Conference
- Advice and support from the Triga core team – whether it’s assistance with polished presentations, sound theological framing of a venture, recruitment of board members or advisors, or any other personal or organisational needs
- Entrepreneurial heart and passion for excellence
- High-growth stage and desire to scale
- Demonstrable commitment to finding solutions for Africa’s most pressing concerns
- Deep interest in the work/faith integration and embodiment of the gospel
- Humble and teachable leadership qualities
- For-profit venture: R30 000 (R15 000 for a second fellow)
- Non-profit venture: R20 000 (R10 000 for a second fellow)
- International stipend: Non-profit fellows from African countries outside South Africa may apply for a 50/50 travel stipend of up to R10 000 per fellow, for the attendance of the three events. To be eligible, fellows should be engaged with work on the ground within the respective countries.